Thursday 3 January 2013

Viñale, Cuba

Havana  Viñale  Trinidad
Viñale

this is a view of Vinale from the top of the comino de las aguas
I managed to find the time to visit Viñale at the end of my trip in Cuba and I'm very glad I did, I actually regret that I didn't stay longer.
Cuban tobacco farmer in the "camino de las aguas"
Viñale is the tobacco plantations area in Cuba.
I found very genuine people there, generous and respectful.
This man in the picture is a Cuban farmer who showed me the Tobacco processing in "his" plantation, a very good man.

tobacco leaf green
Tobacco leaf


Tobacco leafs drying process
plant of tobacco
Tobacco plants
Camino de las aguas in Viñale, Cuba. Picture shows a tobacco Plantation
The landscapes in Viñale look prehistorical, Viñale is very rural,is beautiful and quite countryside. El camino de las aguas is a 2 hours walk in the mountains, is must! I liked it because you meet the local farmers who are genuinely nice and the view is spectacular.
Another Cuban farmer who helped with the direction when I got lost

Cuban Farmer working the field
Cuban farmer
tobacco plantation with tobacco leafs drying
Tobacco plantation
This was the last farmer at the end of the "Camino de las aguas" on the top  of the mountain, excellent man, he offered me a Rum made by himself, likely I found my way back. The picture below shows the view from his balcony.
View from the top of the "Camino de las aguas"

2 brown cuban sheep in Viñale,

No comments:

Post a Comment